Below are projects that are either internal projects, or where we are major advisors on the execution of the project.
Home On The Range A dedicated server running a persistent universe instance of Space Engineers. If you are playing and need help, reach out to me on steam with my userid of "mccorkle", if that doesn't work, you can email me and I'll get back as soon as I can. I'll add some forums and stuff when I get a minute :-)
Projects I work on
- Viacom - Building tools to connect emergency response professionals to one another, and now with a new extended mission to connect all government employees into groups that span geographical and career path boundaries. Environment: Linux on AWS, Storage and media processing in Azure, a mix of every tech you've ever heard of: Jboss, mySQL, Tomcat, iOS, hhvm, php, redis clusters, nagios, and a bunch more I'm forgetting
- Luna Nova (in progress) Quick in, quick out, arcade style space shootem up game. Looking to add in persistent resource gathering (which you can then gift to a dedicated Space Engineers Server which I also run) and more RPG elements for your ship class and upgradability. After all of that, I'll take a stab at multi player, but don't hold your breath! Environment: Unity3D, GitHub, C#, probably Photon Unity Networking
- Sector 15: AI Wars (A mod for Space Engineers) Adding aggressive AI to space engineers and building a whole new game play mode with a group of very talented developers and ship builders.Environment: Space Engineers VRAGE 2 Engine, Visual Studio, GIT, C#
- (Unnamed Space Engineers Recommendation Project) I'm working on a short list of things I'd like to see added to space engineers to make it a true "long form" game (like terreria, or SimCity).
- Space Engineers: Quest Engine Just a quick test in the Space Engineers game to see if we could add a full quest system driven by Mods, and the answer is not yet
- RentBot - a project where we will be taking the painful rental process of major cities like New York and smoothing out many of the rough edges
- ProjectTower - Quick hack-a-thon multiplayer tower defense project built in 23 hrs. Using the same ImpactJS for the front end and JSON to PHP with mySql on the backend as ProjectISW.
- ProjectWMU - a social experiment project where we are taking a lost form of social refinement and using technology to recreate this form of social refined social engagement for our users
- Coworking JAX- unused space + some ikea desks + good community + good coffee = more people looking for desks than we have room to sit them
- Survey360 - using a web app, text, and phone call inbound voting mechanism to judge in real time whether radio listeners enjoyed a song.
- CMA - collaborative media authoring and distribution, using many open source tools to connect artists from different genres into a single workspace, and then to allow them to easily distribute and be paid for their collective works.
- Electric Cars and Spinebus - little snap in electric cars using a bus for long haul trips. The bus recharges the cars so that they don't need large batteries or charging stations. The trip planning is done by embedded android tablets into each car which can call the bus, give proper time updates for trip planning, while giving the rider control and entertainment when they are snapped into the bus.
- EagleNagios (Nagios ZUI)- Nagios livestatus data pulled in real time, visualizing status of entire network while also offering detail view down to the group or individual machine, service, or metric causing the escelation of the status on this machine.
- Health ZUI- A zooming natural interface that lets you visually follow your patients from room to room in a hospital, including historic charts from any system with available data structures or renderable documents. This includes full resolution xray and MRI scans. Level of resolution is only loaded from the network and into memory as the user zooms. We also use gestures to zoom in and out of the interface instead of requiring touching the interface in case the doctor needs to refer to records after scrubbing in.
- ERM ZUI- A zooming interface that shows full detail and context simultaneously allowing full situational awareness of a map full of resources while giving quick and full level of detail view at an instant's request. Use cases include managing multiple emergency response teams and zooming down into an ambulance to see a patients record to grab and deliver it visually to the hospital running the HealthZUI above.
- New York Arts Collective - Building an on and offline social support network for artsits in the greater New York area